Sunday, August 22, 2010

So excited!!!

A brief pause in my crazy fringe schedule for this exciting news... I'm going to see the Barenaked Ladies!!!! Not that I'm at all excited by this fact.

*bounce*

For those of you playing the out of town game, the Barenaked Ladies are a Canadian rock group. Possibly THE Canadian rock group. I love the Barenaked Ladies. They were my happy music while I was living overseas - I would put them on any time I got homesick. They are still a favourite for road trips, too. And just in general. And in Canada, they would sell out the ACC (read: great big stadium) the day the tickets went on sale. In the UK, the tickets have been on sale since April, and I can still get two in the stalls.

*bounce*

ALSO, the only other time I've ever seen them live was when I was living in the UK. In Hammersmith, in fact. And they came to perform at the Hammersmith Apollo, two blocks from my house. The other ex-pat Canadian and the two Americans and I were all bouncing off the ceiling while the Brits looked on as though we were nuts. I dragged Steve, a British friend, with me to the concert, and he had this very patient 'yes, dear' expression on while I was jumping up and down with excitement.

Today, walking in a neighbourhood I don't usually spend a lot of time in, I saw a poster for the Barenaked Ladies. They are coming to Edinburgh, but not until the 22nd of September, the day I fly back to Canada. They are, however, also coming to London, where I will be before I fly out. They're coming back to the Hammersmith Apollo. So I've arranged to come to London two days early, and I've bought tickets for myself and for Dario, who is kindly putting me up.

It will mean that I travel from Skye to Buxton on the 13th of September, have the 14th to recover, and then hop on a train to travel down to London on the 15th. Lots of travelling in a short time, but worth it.

I'm going to see the Barenaked Ladies!!!

1 comment:

  1. *jealous*

    When I was in Canada - I was several years too late to see them at the free New Year's Eve concert at City Hall.

    My former boss used to see them for a New Year's Eve show every year until they stopped doing them here *right before I met him* - he would have offered me tickets.

    And Carl (Rathenn) saw them at a Cisco event in Orlando.

    I own all their cd's and listen to them on repeat every time I drive - and I have *still* never seen them live.

    Enjoy!

    Saf

    ReplyDelete